Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Prepping for Second Xray

OK so this Sunday, May 18 will be 30 days of stall rest. Whew.

And I'm hoping to share the ranch visit fee with the vet with someone else having him come out in the next two weeks to confirm what I'm hoping is clear indication that the little fracture is healing beautifully. If that is what it shows, we will get clearance for lot's of hand walking. I'm ready for some walks out past the barn, up the road to Turkey flat.

He is looking good, enjoys his beet pulp buckets (small amounts with his probiotics) and having his legs hosed off.

The swelling is basically totally gone now. And he's usually just a tad stiff on his first step. I was out of town this weekend so I haven't checked his little wound, but hoping tomorrow am it will look great.

Hoping the heat is helping to keep him mellow, as I know he's gotta be itching to get out and about.

I try to just stay in the moment, and not get ahead of where we are. When I bought him he was already fit for 50 mile rides (and then some), now I'll have to learn to get him back in shape. That is one of the reasons I was drawn to endurance, to learn about really getting a horse ready for the endurance - the long days, the varied terrain.

In the meantime, I'm changing out the stirrup pads. Learning about saddle fit, and more.

Scan down a little bit to see the video of Ozzie waiting for the guys to bring round dinner. Gentle pacing in his stall.





No comments:

Post a Comment